The Communal or Social Ride
This ride is done at a comfortable pace for 1 to 2 hours daily. The goal is to have a comfortable ride with energy left for the rest of the day.
- 4 days prior - balanced diet with 60-70% Calories from carbohydrates
- 4 hours prior - eat a high carbohydrate breakfast 30 to 45 minutes before the ride
- 4 minutes before - nothing special
- During the ride - eating is optional for a ride of 2 hours or less post ride - a mid morning snack might be a good idea but is not essential; a good balanced diet will replace the glycogen used during the ride
- Fluids - one water bottle per hour, more in hot weather